Saturday, March 13, 2010

Long and Short Strides

I have actually done a bit of turnaround from last post. i made more changes than I thought I would. I'm up to 6 glasses of water a day. I'm eating some green salads. i found dressing that's spritzed on to salad to decrease the amount used. It is good. I would soak my salad before in a pool of dressing.

I started drinking shakes for breakfast. I haven't been a breakfast eater for years. The Curves shake is very good. I'm also using the Special K high protein. It has a little more fat, carbs, & calories than The Curves, but it's convenient when on the run in the morning. I'm beginning to shop for different foods. I'm reading the nutritional labels. Before, I was looking at the extra ingredients, checking for what I need to avoid.

I read the introduction to my neighbors program for ThinWithin. It looks like a gentler way for me to manage my meals and manage some weight loss. I'll be using that program as well.
they rate meals on a scale: 0 is really, really hungery, 5 is full, and 10 is compared to Thanksgiving dinner. I've already figured out that my qt. square containers have 2 servings. Before, I was finishing off the whole container in one meal. I've had less midnight snacks this week.

The visit to the allergist was good. My PFT's (pulmonary function tests) have improved. He is just as pleased as I am that I'm exercising 3 days a week. I haven't done walking on days between yet. I did know I had pushed too far. A bad reaction on tuesday that I'm still having trouble recovering from has kept me on benadryl for 5 days now, even with homebound days.

I have started my Curves journal, even tho' I haven't really begun phase 1. It helps to affirm positive changes I've already made. I'm also following theskinnyonline blog for extra support. Lisa has gone thru far more than me in weight management. Her words are loving and forgiving, very soothing for me.

Because I'm so reactive right now, I've only been to Curves on Monday this week. I did know when I began that I would run into limits, albeit scheduling my trips out of the house to limit rubber exposures, just having an allergic reaction and remaining homebound, or beginning to react in Curves. I don't want to give up Curves if I can manage it. The socialization and positive atmosphere help me so much. Right now is a super busy month for me with lots of doctor appointments scheduled in with the places I need to go.

Sal

No comments: