Monday, May 14, 2007

Canal Open

Haven't been here in a while. The weather has been so grand that I've been working hard in the yard cleaning up and doing new plantings. I'm not as fast as I was a few years ago, but it certainly doesn't stop my dreams for my yard and gardens. The pollen count must be high which would also indicate that the latex dust in the air is high. The eyes wear tearing so badly today, I had to take the benadryl which really slows me down. But I push on doing what I can.
The bird population has increased with more of them arriving for the summer. It's time to get the hummingbird feeders out before they show up and buzz us for food. The canal is full now, and the boat traffic from the locals has been heavy. One of the lockmaster cruise boats went thru yesterday. The out of state boats should be going thru any time now. It is such a welcome sight. One of the skulling teams has already been thru. They just amaze me with their concentration and coordination.
The walkers, joggers, and bikers have picked up tremendously along the towpath in the last few weeks. This is another very welcome sight. I need to brush up on how far it is to the next marina and the next lock. Occasionally I get asked that from walkers and boaters. Wow, I've become a travel agent. :)
I haven't taken time to fish yet because of heavy duty yard work, but I have been checking my bait trap. I haven't caught anything yet. That's ok. There are worms in the fridge. This is just such a glorious place to live. I am very lucky to be here where I am.
Sal

No comments: